Tuesday, October 31, 2006

awesome find of the day

yesterday I discovered this website, Runstoppable, that allows you to map your running routes through the use of Google maps. It serves as a jogging log, so whenever you go for a run, you just enter the date and the name of your -previously configured- route, and your run is recorded in your account.
Since I tend to run the same route every time, this site will make it pretty easy for me to quickly establish a running log for the coming months. One of the cool things about the mapping function is that it also gives you the elevation for your route, so you can see if you're running on flat terrain or not. Mine is definitely not flat, which is one reason I really like it.
This service is free, and is available in 23 countries, and really is the best online running tool I've seen for runners like me who don't want to invest in a fancy stopwatch and are pretty regular in their running itineraries. I've talked before of my interest in the Nike+ kit, but to be honest, it seems like a hassle since you need to have your ipod and sensor with you at all times. And now that i've got used to running without music, I'm not even sure I'll go back to running with my iPod on a regular basis. So I guess that means I'm not even sure I'll be buying the iPod Shuffle after all. Me changing my mind, what a novel concept !

No comments: