Friday, October 20, 2006

don't you know pump it up, you gotta pump it up

feeling kinda tired this morning. I woke up last night at 2am-ish to watch some beisbol (this is a rule on my blog : baseball is beisbol, and football/soccer is futbol. I think it just sounds cooler that way), specifically my NY Mets play the final game their playoff series against the St Louis Cardinals. Waking up at night to catch a game is something I did often back when I was a student and 3 hours of sleep on a weeknight sounded not only completely normal, but actually pretty cool. Nowadays I'm a boring so-called yuppie, so I tend to value my sleeping time more. It's pretty sad, but I actually get kind of excited when I manage to get to bed early enough to get 8 hours of sleep. Moving on... It was a very close and exciting game, but alas the Cards pulled away with the W thanks to a 9th inning 2-run homerun (if you have no idea what that last sentence means, the translation would be : "nooooooooooooooo").
The game ended at around 5:45 am, so needless to say when about an hour later my trusty Casio alarm clock let me know I should get my ass up, I wasn't feeling too refreshed. You kow those Herbal Essence shampoo commercial ? Picture the exact opposite. Fortunately, this being a Friday, putting on my sloppy casual outfit of jeans and a polo (black of course; no I'm not being melodramatic) helped me start the day on the right note. When I started working I used to think that dressing different on Fridays was pointless, but now I totally get the point.
But my real super-duper-secret weapon to actually getting that much-needed jolt of energy to kick-start my day (besides listening to some angry teenager music) was a cold, cold, oh-so on point, make-you-want-to-wrestle-a-tiger can of Red Bull. Nothing will get you in gear better when you need to act like you're actually paid to do something at work. Plus it's actually illegal in France, ooh how exciting.
Red Bull in the morning: try it, love it, live it

No comments: