Wednesday, October 25, 2006

cousin of death

had to go to my home office today for some administrative stuff (I work out of my client's office, so I rarely venture back to the corporate mothership). The meeting was at 10am, so instead of heading there straight from home, I went into work a bit earlier than usual, worked for a bit, then headed to the HQ.
On the way back, it was only about 10:45am by then, I'd barely got into my seat when I started to feel the all-too familiar strains of fatigue set in. Probably because I went for a run last night. Or maybe I'm just a weakling, either one. Anyway after I allowed myself a 10-minute power-siesta, rocked by the mellow rythm of Explosions In The Sky's A Slow Dance, I realized I was strangely refreshed. I know this sort of behavior is common in Tokyo, where some salarymen are still subject to insane working hours, but you don't see it happen too often in Paris. Which is unfortunate because I know a bunch of people who could use the rest. I think people should just slump down and doze for their sleeping rights.
Say it with me : We want more comfortable bus/metro seats ! Higher headrests ! More mellow tracks from Explosions In The Sky !

No comments: