Wednesday, October 11, 2006

black is the new black

there's this poster for a Hugo Boss ad campaign I've been seeing everywhere recently. In particular, there's one at the bus stop where I catch my bus after work, and it's become a favorite of mine. Not only is the girl used in the ad stunning (probably some famous model, I think I've already seen her somewhere), but the composition of the shot is perfect, illustrating the kind of classy urban environment that I'm thinking Hugo Boss would like to be associated with, and that's with a plain gray background. Photographs can be effective that way.

I couldn't find an actual pic of the poster, but here's a screen print I took on the HB site:

Don't know how long ad campaigns usually last, but I'm guessing not more than a few weeks. If so, it seems I should be bracing myself for the inevitable replacement of this new fave by a Gap one, or worse, Herta Knacki. Ain't nothing worse than seeing a food ad when you're about to start your treck home.

No comments: