Thursday, November 02, 2006

no respite

first thought of the day : wow, it is coooold. I haven't put on any heating in my room, since 2 days ago it was still Indian summer-like. But apparently now that's done for and the pseudo-Parisian winter is here. I say pseudo because the seasons aren't too well defined here, it really depends on the years (like the 14°C days we had in August). This brings me to a strange fact I've noticed: guys who dress with no regard for the weather. No matter what the conditions are like, frosty or balmy, you will see guys in Paris dressed as if these were totally irrelevant. For instance, this morning I saw at least two dudes wearing just a suit, when it was probably 2 or 3°C. That happens a lot in the winter : apparently some men have superhero suits that enable them from feeling the cold. And these guys do not wear a scarf, wool hat or anything that might shield them from the cold. Likewise, on the warmest days of the year, I always see some fellas still wearing a jacket. Never fails to amuse me, considering the temperature's generally above 30°C. Makes me wonder what the thought process for these dudes is in the morning. "Hey, it's August 4, I should really wear an extra layer, just in case there's a cold spell coming in from Russia". For some reason I see less women doing this, probably because women are more logical when it comes to clothes here (I said for clothes :) ).

No comments: