Sunday, May 06, 2007

two days of bliss

one of the reasons I wanted to get away from Paris was that I felt I might grow to resent being there. I never reached that state, but I felt it might not be far off. So it was very cool to feel excited about my return there this weekend, seeing friends again and generally enjoying the city for how great it is. Skype is cool, but it just doesn't compare to catching up with a buddy during a 20-minute bus ride on the way to your favorite bar. Plus you don't even have to wear a ridiculous bluetooth headset, that's always a plus.

Two random highlights from the weekend:
- during one family lunch we had asparagus as appetizers. One of them was particularly massive, which prompted me to utter this brilliant morsel of punnery: "man, that's a MEGASPARGUS". I really should copyright that one. And make t-shirts or something. And definitely not post about it on the Internet.
- at the Bensimon store I wanted to know where the fitting rooms were, so I walked to a salesperson, asked her my question as she was looking at me...except she didn't say anything, just lingered there like I'd just uttered the most boring thing in the universe (which wasn't that far from the truth, but still), then went away a few seconds later. I guess she just didn't want to deal with my pathetic questions. Aaaahh, Parisian girls, sometimes you just warm my heart (except not really, but some of you are really hot in that aloof attitude of yours)

No comments: