Wednesday, May 02, 2007

everybody loves free money

in preparation for yesterday's crucial semi-final Champion's League game between my beloved Liverpool Reds and local super-team Chelsea, I made a £50 wager with a good friend (who I happen to work with now) that my team would go through. The good guys having won, I happily collected on the bet this morning and started to wonder what good deeds I could enact with the loot. But, although I never bet on sports, I quickly formented a scheme was to play these winnings on tonight's game between AC Milan and Manchester United. So I went to a betting shop during my lunch break and placed a £50 bet on Milan going through, with 6/5 odds. Not surpisingly I won the wager (I mean, Milan at home needing to win just 1-0? Half the team could come down with mono and they could still do it handily) since Milano won 3-0. Thus in two days I made £110 pounds as a total bonus. As Emmanuel Kant might say, "Ka-ching baby!". Then again in London £110 won't get you very far, so instead of doing something wasteful like buying a pair of fancy sunglasses I think I'll just stick this windfall on my savings account and wait the pennies to roll in. Who said easy money doesn't exist?

No comments: