Sunday, May 20, 2007

follow-ups are for losers

me and my sunnies: not five days after having bought them, I lost my latest pair of cheap sunglasses while browsing in le Mouton a Cinq Pattes two weeks ago. If you've never been to that store, it's pretty small, and I only stayed near the entrance, yet did not manage to find them after spending maybe 4 minutes in the shop. In turn I then bought an expensive pair of Ray-Ban which I haven't lost yet. Maybe this whole deal with the sunglasses was just a self-realizing prophecy. Just to be sure, I bought the same £5 pair at Marks again, to see if i could come up with a successful counter-reverse jinx strategy.

the footy charity tournament: I found out during the first practice that the tournament was to be held on a weekday for which I wouldn't be able to take some time off, so I didn't go to the subsequent practice sessions. I am hoping however for regular pickup games in Hyde Park once the weather remembers that it's the middle of May, not early March. Such was the case today, and it was great fun. And I even managed to hit up the British Museum afterwards, so that small brain of mine wouldn't feel left out. Okay, just for 30 minutes because they were closing, but just like in football, a victory's a victory, no matter how narrow. And I went there to meet with two girl interns I know from work, so you could say this was another manifestation of my theory at work. Damn you subconscious, you are so weak! Then again I'll be able to tell my grandma I went to the museum recently, so the end justifies the means I guess. Or whatever cliche fits this sort of situation.

No comments: