Friday, May 04, 2007

this one ends with a pun

amazingly, I'd forgotten how much fun working 13 intense hours on 5 hours of drunken sleep could be. I'm actually half-serious about this: you know when you enjoy these situations that you're in the correct corporate setting. Sure, the red bull on the way to work is still necessary, but mentally it's good to have these situations to keep your routine self on your toes. It's weird to actually have that motivation to go to work in the morning, and not be living through it as a chore. After 3+ years at my previous job that was the mindset I was tending to, without necessarily realizing it, so to have that "hunger" back provides me with equal amounts of excitement and surprise. Although part of me likes to wallow in contentedness like an overweight hippo, I try to keep that feeling to a minimum, so as to not have any regrets, at least when it comes to my professional life. So right here, right now, definitely feels to me like I am exactly where I should be.
Still, there's a 3-day weekend coming up that sounds just about right. I might have to pop back in the office for a couple of hours Monday, but the forecast for the weekend should be very mellow. It's all gonna be about seeing friends and family, putting in my vote, and eating some ridiculously good bread. Because although enjoying your job is key to finding some measure of happiness, those periodic breaks are what makes it really work.

No comments: