Tuesday, September 05, 2006

sartorial

today i'm wearing this new H&M suit I picked up during my vacation. I recently realized all my previous suits were way too big for me, and as a result am now the proud owner of a slim-fit black suit (size 48).
H&M makes a lot of poor quality items, that degrade very quickly, but their Modern Man line seems much better in terms of durability. It's still very affordable, with super-100s wool suits going for €150 (and cotton ones for €140), shirts for €30 and semi-cashmere sweaters for €60. For this price I'm not expecting to still be wearing the thing in ten years, but I'd rather buy that type of suit with a trendy, slim cut than the lower-priced (at best €200 for reasonable quality) suits you find in regular stores.
One day I'll make enough money to afford a great suit by Zegna or some other high-end brand, but right now putting €600 or more into a suit just doesn't sound reasonable. Or maybe by then I'll have made so much dough that I won't even have to wear a suit anymore, think about that.

Btw, if you're interested in seeing how stylish and elegant people dress on an everyday basis, check out the sartorialist

No comments: