Thursday, September 28, 2006

brown bag it

As part of my continuing search for financial improvements (subtext: it’s all small stuff), I’ve recently started bringing my own lunch to work. Nothing fancy, as I prepare it in the morning, which isn’t my favourite time to operate, just enough so I don’t feel hungry 14 mins after having eaten it. My usual fare consists of some sort of salad (carrots, tomatoes, parmesan…), a sandwich (turkey and swiss on whole wheat, how I love thee) and a fruit. A few months back I used to not eat lunch at all, so this is almost like an all you can eat buffet compared to then, but still much more rationed than the big portions you get when you buy lunch at a take-out place. And of course, it costs much less to do so. One such trip to the sandwich place costs me around 8-10 euros, whereas here I spend 2 euros (at most). Ka-ching !
Now I only have to find a way to stop spending so much dough on the other “frivolous” expenses, like CDs and magazines, and pretty soon I’ll be able to buy myself a house. Or a DVD, whichever comes first.

No comments: