Thursday, July 03, 2008

stay easy


after a tough but satisfying post-work run around Hyde Park, I turned my attention to the thumping sounds emanating from across the field. I'd noticed a week ago that they'd set up the usual fence for the annual 02 music fest, but wasn't sure when the actual gigs were. Walking around to chill out my muscles (I hate stretching like a fat kid hates broccoli), I realized the current concert was by none other than rap megastar Jay-Z, and that the open-air park setting pretty much meant I could enjoy the show as though I was part of the audience. Due to the usual boring reasons (read: work-related), I haven't been able to go to any shows since May, and having the opportunity to listen to one of my all-time favorite rappers was a definite and unexpected treat.
I plopped down on the grass for 10-15 minutes and was delighted to hear some of my favorite tracks, including 99 Problemz, a freestyle over the "Back to Black" instrumental, and a fantabulous rap over Lil' Wayne's "A Milli", renamed "A Billi" for the occasion (that Jiggaman, always with the one-ups).
The setting sun, fresh grass, post-run adrenaline and a pleasing soundtrack. Yeah, I think I kinda like it here.

No comments: