Wednesday, July 23, 2008

laissez-faire

with a good friend and running buddy from work (now relocated to a different office) in town for the week, we decided to see if the old magic was still there. While I've improved vastly since this friend has moved away and I've started running mostly on my own, there is a very enjoyable part to jogging with someone. At least it was enjoyable to me, considering we went considerably slower than my usual post-work pace, but my friend soon had trouble keeping up with even small talk, and got to panting like he was running an extreme marathon. I could've sped up and waited for him at the finish line, as he kept insisting I do, but I decided to stick to the Army rangers motto, "leave no man behind", and tagged along for the easygoing ride. Sometimes the best way to get rid of the day's stress isn't to go full throttle, but rather to slooow it way down.

Stats
distance: 4.08m
time: 31'45"
pace: 7'46"/m
cal: 551

No comments: