Sunday, July 20, 2008

1 2 3 4

after my third run on Thursday, it looked like it would be easy sailing to complete a fourth one before the week was done. With 3 days to do so, the question wasn't if but when. At least that's how it should be in theory, but every since I took up the goal to run 3-4 times a week, I've hit a mental block anytime I've reached 3, no matter how soon. It seems there's always other things to do, people to see, places to go, before you can force yourself to go out there and achieve the elusive fourth run. While doing 3 in a week isn't bad in itself, there's always some resentment when you get to Sunday night and you feel you could have done (one) more.
Today I finally managed to motivate myself to go at 7:30 tonight, initially for a relaxed 4miler, but then ended up doing 6.7. One reason is that the weather was very nice, if a bit drafty, and with The Mall being closed to traffic the conditions were too perfect for me to shorten my run. Pace was pretty average at 7'56"/m, but I want to go out tomorrow, and possibly Tuesday, so I was trying not to do too much. Today was basically a reminder that it's always good to go for a run, as long as you feel well physically, and the only issues preventing you to do so are mental.
Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to enjoy a delicious dinner of baby carrots and ice cream.

Updated running playlist:
1. Jordin Sparks - No Air (duet w/ Chris Brown)
2. Wil.I.Am - B Boyz
3. Madonna - 4 Minutes (feat. Justin Timberlake)
4. Cute Is What We Aim For - Do What You Do
5. Coldplay - Viva La Vida
6. Eluvium - An Accidental Memory
7. Eluvium - An Accidental Memory In the Case of Death
8. Sigur Ros - Festival
9. Sigur Ros - Ara Batur
10. Sigur Ros - Fljotavik

No comments: