Monday, November 13, 2006

recap

some of the highlights of the past week :
- put my current job tasks on hold for 5 days while I led a training session for new hires at my company. It was fun, tiring at first, but by the end of the week I'd got the hang of it, and I was almost sad to see it end
- saw Sufjan Stevens in concert at the Bataclan. Had my puny little mind blown away, and didn't even regret not bringing my camera, since I'm sure the memories will stay with me for a long long time. The first song of the encore, Concerning the UFO blabla, touched me to the very core. Those first few piano notes....aaaaahhhh
- went running and confirmed that yes, running in the cold ain't fun. But coming home after having run in the cold is one of the most satisfying feelings you can have
- had a great family dinner for my grandma. It was a surprise for her and it was awesome
- got back into communicating via Messenger. Boy it's been a while since I've heard that chime, it sure brings back memories. I know you can do video messenging nowadays, but for some reason it doesn't feel necessary
- spent a good 3 hours walking from Republique to the general vicinity of the Marais (rue des Francs Bourgeois et al). It's simply one of the only neighborhoods of Paris that's fun to walk around in on Sundays, especially if you're not set on going someplace in particular. It's also a great place to stop for a spot of tea, as you are wont to do on such days. Went past a Thai restaurant (Thai Spices ?) that looks great, I'm going to have to find an excuse to go there soon

Overall a pretty good week

No comments: