Tuesday, August 08, 2006

simple summer things

One big reason why I tend to delay my summer vacation toward the mid- to late August period is that Paris is so peaceful during the proverbial dog days. Sure, there's a bit more tourists, but so many Parisians leave between July 1 and August 15, that it's a pleasure to be here. Unless it gets really hot, like two weeks ago, that is. Then it ain't so great (when will they install standard AC in buildings already ?).
Among the things I'm enjoying these days :
  • taking the bus to and from work : there actually is a route that starts near my place and ends at my job, so I can even catch up on some sleep if I want to. As Will Ferrell might say, "Oh, how glooorious"
  • running in the empty streets of the 19e. Dunno if it's always that empty in the evening there, but the combination of that plus wide sidewalks makes it a joy to go running there
  • and of course, girls wearing summer clothes

Summer rocks, and I haven't even taken my vacation yet

No comments: