Wednesday, August 16, 2006

guilty pleasures

I won't lie, top 40 music is something I enjoy. Not on an everyday basis, but I log on infrequently on MTV.com to check out what "the kids are listening to" and sometimes add that song to my iTunes library. From emo/punk (Fall Out Boy) to latin pop (Shakira), R&B (Beyoncé) or radio rap (T.I.), my tastes run pretty wide. They don't necessarily show up on my "most listened to" playlist, because I do not tend to listen to them on the long haul.
Currently I'm stuck on "Me and U" (grammar police alert) by Cassie, who's apparently a new singer on P-Diddy's label, Bad Boy. Now I'm no expert on singing, but seems to me that miss Cassie ain't the best at it out there. Still, she does her share on a very slickly produced track. And the video is so hypnotic you won't want it to stop. It shows that a girl can be sexy even if she's too skinny.
I think that during the writing of this post I listened to the track 12 times... Time to put on some Modest Mouse.

No comments: