Wednesday, August 09, 2006

can't keep running away

Went running last night, as part of my current "get yo ass into real shape" program. Last week I went 5 times, this week I'm aiming for 3-4. It seems like my five year-old Nikes are definitely ready to retire. The sole is far from used, but I'm guessing even though I haven't run regularly in the time I've owned them, their cushioning properties has severely diminished, meaning my knees don't feel that great after 1h1/2.
So I guess I should get new ones, except
  1. I hadn't planned to in my budget
  2. I was going to wait until at least next month, when the Nike Moire (those extremely cool shoes that are compatible with the Nike+iPod kit, you know I'm going to want that) come out here

So I might have to tought it out, and run a bit less, until September, or figure out a way to fit it new shoes in my budget. Yet another sign that I'm kinda growing up. The 25 y.o. me would have gone down to the Nike store on the Champs and bought a new pair stat, budget or no budget.
Actually, now that I realize it, this entire post is making me feel old, damnit.

No comments: