Wednesday, June 13, 2007

silver lining

tomorrow is a joyful occasion, for it is the start of the four-day O2 Wireless Festival in Hyde Park. I work about 5 mins from the location, and got tickets to the first day, when The White Stripes and Queens Of The Stone Age are headlining, so essentially I'll be Joe Conscientious until 3:55pm, then BOOM, rocking out at 4.
Naturally, the weather has decided to not cooperate, but that should only be a minor impediment to such a great day. And one more advantage to working close by is that I can leave some fresh clothes there, and even take a shower should things take a class-A downpour occur. Who says the corporate lifestyle has to be the antithesis of rock n'roll?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

so you're not going to see CSS and Klaxons?
it's great to live in a city where there's such things.

matt said...

unfortunately not, but I'd really like to see Klaxons live one day

Anonymous said...

I was supposed to see them in Paris for Rock en Seine, but they cancelled ... hopefully I already saw them in Lyon