Thursday, June 28, 2007

life is just moments strung together

at 10pm, after a long day at work fueled by half a skimpy meal, a few small things can make a nice difference:

- as I hit the logoff button, a friend from work who I hadn't talked to since she finished her internship two weeks ago IMs and we catch up for a couple of minutes: good for the morale
- exiting the building, I go to the corner pub out of habit, but the place is mostly empty: good for the liver
- during my 1 min stay in the pub the bus doesn't come, in fact it pulls up to the stop just as I get back: good for the nerves

Tomorrow means having to be at work at 7:30am, but at 11am I'll be on my way to Gatwick, and then on a plane to the South of France to spend the weekend. If that's not something worth rejoicing about, I really don't know what is.

No comments: