Monday, January 08, 2007

nochas

back when I was a kid, Sunday night was one of my least favorite times of the week, seeing as it meant going back to school soon. I don't know if you've noticed but when you're little, time seems to go by much slower. When the weekend started, it seemed like vacation to me, as if the next Monday was very faraway. But come Sunday night, I always had a hard time getting to sleep, even if I felt perfectly relaxed. Over time I got past this weird hang-up, in part because, well, time just seems to go by much faster when you get older.
Unfortunately I had a flashback to those times last night as I had a heck of a time falling asleep, even if I felt pretty tired when I went to bed. I blame it on the fact that I had got 2 great nights of at least 9-hour sleep that weekend, but I'm also sure that this is an example of how the irrational fears we have as youngsters never truly go away. Since I've never seen a shrink (and don't plan to in the near future), I never have very good explanations for such things. Or interpretation, because I'm guessing there never is never a true explanation for matters of the psyche. I guess the next best thing is just writing about it on the internet.
soundtrack : Azure Ray - Sleep

No comments: