Tuesday, July 03, 2007

intervention

despite being a big fan of non-rural rock festivals, I tried to resist Rock en Seine this year, I really did. When the programme initially came out I found a heap of reasons why I wouldn't go: I'd already seen Arcade Fire (ReS 2004), I'd heard the Shins were crap live, there weren't any interesting bands on the smaller stage, blablablabla. But hearing AF's (Antichrist Television Blues) in the HMV and 1h later having a seemingly innocuous messenger chat with a friend about his plans in Paris for that weekend made me throw away all pre-existing qualms and book a ticket for the big show. I'll just be going to the Friday part of the festival, since that's the day with the most artists I like, but it looks like I'l be making a fourth consecutive trip to the Parc National de St Cloud. And if the day is even half as much fun as last year's Broken Social Scene set was, it'll be more than worth it.

No comments: