Sunday, September 04, 2011

the old old thing

Lots has happened since my last post on here. Some mundane, and some less so. To cut it short, I left my job in Houston in July, then moved back to France since my visa was tied to the job. A fantastic trip in Norway, a wedding in Spain, and lots of relaxing with the family have filled my days until now. The initial plan was that I'd drive back to Paris in September and start looking for a place of employment then. But in the meantime I got offered a job....in Houston. So the new plan is to (hopefully) wait for a successful visa application this month, then fly out to New Zealand for two weeks in early October. That trip's two years in the making, if not four, so you could say I'd sort of like for it to work out as planned.
Until then, since I'm in the City of Lights, with most of my friends and family working during the day, looks like I'm gonna have myself a decent chunk of free time. And because one of the main things about this city I've missed since moving away 4 1/2 years ago was the quality of movie theaters, I've decided to set myself a challenge. Let's call it the September Challenge (TSC). It goes thusly: I will try to see 20 movies in the theater while I'm here, i.e. just about one month. Can be any type, new releases, reruns, whatever. And since diversity is the greatest asset the Paris movie scene possesses, it's unlikely I'll get bored anytime soon. I will follow up each notch with a quick review, and possibly add general updates on life back in Paris if my brutal schedule leaves me enough time.
LET'S DO THIS!

No comments: