Wednesday, September 08, 2010

too far gone

at around 5pm today, my bike commuting project has officially made its way from chimera to almost certain reality, as I have ordered a Kona road bike from the fantastic folks at West End Bicycles. It will take 10 days or so to get here, so for now I will still be part of the motorized masses, but the transition is now tantalizingly close. Scouting of potential commuting routes has started, hopefully the mostly awful hurricane season weather we've been having recently will disappear by then. Well it probably won't, but after 3 years in London I'm not gonna start worrying about a few raindrops. And if there's one thing I've acquired from running during that time, it might not be excessive mental fortitude, but it's definitely a trove of all-weather gear.

No comments: