Friday, July 10, 2009

roll up your sleeves

wait, what's the word again? Oh yeah: ugh... With a friend coming over this weekend while I'll probably have to be at work most of it, I don't really think those drinks at the Twilight Sad show last night were what the proverbial doctor ordered. But hey, bygones I guess. With a view to alleviating some of the morning "fatigue" I resorted to my ususal post-drinking remedies (eternal respect due to Purdey's, the drink of champions), with one unexpected kink:



That's right, this time my recovery package includes the Economist. Spontaneous hangover shopping never sounded so grown-up. I won't have time to read more than 5% of it (as opposed to the usual 10), but at least if I want to prolong the sweet sensation of my ongoing headache, I've got what I need.
And I guess this is as good (or bad) a point to mention that I might be moving to the US in a few months. An opportunity has come up within my company and we're currently going through the visa and contract process so it's still early days. I would be locally employed though so the title of this blog would still be truthful. I'm pretty excited about it but we'll see what happens.
In the meantime there's a full day of glorious work ahead. I think I might need another bottle of Purdey's soon...

No comments: